2018-2019 Ms. Lasher's
August 22nd Macromolecule Test
Parents and Students-
Students will receive points for a wide variety of assignments and assessments. These will include homework, quizzes, labs, projects, tests and their final exam. Additionally, student participation and effort may be a part of your overall grade.
As a member of the class there are certain expectations and responsibilities for each person. The expectations include but are not limited to: coming to class prepared, having appropriate materials, taking notes, not disrupting the class, answering/asking questions and working cooperatively in lab groups and turning in all assignments.
- Come to class on time; Students should be in their assigned seat when the bell rings prepared to participate.
- Respect your own space and everyone else’s space and things.
This could include such things as:
- Do your own work (respect your own ability to learn) * Do not write on your desk or chairs.
- Contribute to this class and allow others to do the same.
- CHEATING OF ANY KIND WILL RESULT IN A ZERO ON THE ASSIGNMENT
- You are responsible for your actions. Think before you act
- Stay in your seat unless turning in your assignment. Stay in your seat until I dismiss you.
- Raise your hand to ask questions. Please do not interrupt while I’m talking/teaching or a student is giving an answer.
- Absolutely, No Cell Phones in class not even to check the time!!! Students must put their phones in their classroom mailbox upon entering the class and retrieve it when dismissed. If you have your phone out, I will take up your phone give to the principals.
- Please use the restroom before entering class.
- 8. Keep all assignments in your binder in order by Date. Binder/folder will be checked two times per semester. If you do not have your assignments in order by date then it will not be graded.
- Students will follow the guidelines set in the White House High School Student Handbook for student attendance, appearance, behavior and other issues.
MAKE UP WORK:
Absences: Make up work is the responsibility of the student! Students are allowed 3 days to make up any assignments due to an EXCUSED absence. No credit is given for unexcused absences.
- Three ring binder 6. Project supplies when needed
- Notebook Paper 7. Index Cards
- Blue or Black Pen and #2 pencil 8. 3 rolls of Paper Towels
- Flash drive 9. Liquid soap
- Colored pencils for projects/drawings
Parents: Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any concerns or questions about your child. I will try to return any emails or phone calls as soon as I get the chance. Emails will be returned quicker as I will not get a chance to call until after school. Please sign the bottom and return to me. I will give your child a new copy of the Biology policies for their binder.
Biology Curriculum listed below
Technology and Engineering
Flow of matter and Energy
Biodiversity and Change