Welcome to the WHHS
Freshman Annex Library
Read for the Fun of it.
To access the online card catalog for the main library and annex library click on the link below
Materials located at the annex library are designated with (FA) after the call number and when you click on a title it will also show you the location. All materials are shared between the buildings. .
Annex Library Guidelines and Policies for Students
* Students sign in and out at the main desk
* During class time a student must have a note from their teacher to come to the library. They will only be able to stay if a class is not using the library and space is available.
* Leave backpacks at the front of the library or in the classroom (do not block the doors)
* No food or drinks in the library
* No Internet use without Internet permission on file.
* Two books at a time may be checked out. You may keep for two weeks and renew once.
* Each of the 8 student computers are equipped with Microsoft office 2013, power point and publishing. All computers are connected to the Internet and a network printer.
* The annex library is open before and after school and between classes.
* Hours -7:45-3:30
* If you need additional time in the library, please check with Mrs. Stephens.
Click on the bdp library link
Important website for all students and teachers!
Tennessee Electronic Library
The Tennessee Electronic Library (TEL) is a virtual library that you can access from your home pc, your school library computer lab, or your iPhone – anywhere with an internet connection. TEL provides access to over 400,000 electronic resources, including magazines, scholarly journals, podcasts, videos, e-books, test preparation materials, federal census records, Tennessee primary source materials, and more!
All types of not-for-profit libraries participate in TEL and benefit from the wide range of information TEL databases offer, including homework help to new readers, consumer health information, business resources, leisure reading suggestions, current event essays, academic and civil service test preparation help, and genealogy and family history sources. Over 1.2 million searches are performed each month across the various TEL databases. Since 1999, the Tennessee Electronic Library has been dedicated to providing equal access to this expansive collection of electronic resources for all Tennesseans.
(try it out)
click on the tutorials for more information about how to navigate TEL
Useful site for powerpoint presentation information
Online writing lab
includes links for citation help - MLA and APA
Additional citation assistance
Click on the following link to see recommended books for teens
Any linked sites within our site are not under the control of SCBOE, and the district is not responsible for the contents of any of these linked sites or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. These links are offered to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of the site by our district.